Visiblegovernment.ca has launched a new site, ibelieveinopen, asking candidates (and citizens) to take a pledge for openness:
I believe candidates should:
- Support reforms that increase government transparency and accountability.
- Make campaign promises specific and measurable, and report progress on promises and their metrics at least semi-annually.
- Publish the content of his or her daily schedule, including meetings with lobbyists and special interest groups.
- Support reforms allowing free access to scientific and survey data gathered by government institutions.
- Support reforms that make it easier for Canadians to obtain government information they have a right to know.
As of today, there are 51 candidate pledges (29 Greens, 21 NDP, and 1 Libera)l.
You might consider sending your candidates an email asking them if they intend to take the pledge. This is what I sent to my candidates:
Will [Candidate Name] be signing this pledge?
51 candidates have done so already.
Comments on Posts