Here are a bunch more reads on the Census Cuts. I glean these from information people send me, twitter @ these tags #census #cdnpoli #statcan and from goodle alerts.
- Canada.com: Privacy commissioner sees few complaints about census form
- Le Devoir Recensement – L’État n’a rien à faire… dans les salles de bain! Les conservateurs estiment qu’il est répressif de demander aux gens le «nombre de salles de bain» que compte leur maison
- CBC Inside Politics Blog: Behind the numbers: Taking Census: privacy versus the public good
- CBC: Man. Francophones upset over census move
- The Montreal Gazette: Coalition urges Tories to reverse census stand Long form provides vital information to society: groups
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek: Canada Won’t Reconsider Making Census Form Voluntary
- Best Growth Stock: UPDATE 1-Canada under fire for statistics agency changes
- C.D. Howe Institute: Cancelling the 2011 Census Long Form: Libertarians Take Out the Wrong Target
- Settlement.org: Commissioner Launches Investigation into Decision to Eliminate Long-Form Questionnaire for 2011 Census
- The Province: 2011 census changes hit
- Guelph Tribure: Optional long census will hit the community
- Ottawa Citizen: Change in census law could affect city planning Federal government plans to make long form voluntary.
- Winnipeg Free Press: Less information to cost more: expert Manitoba statistician pans census change
- Canada East: Official languages commissioner launches investigation into census change
- Globe and Mail: Privacy commissioner not consulted on plan to scrap compulsory census
- Globe and Mail: Good information comes at a price
- Winnipeg Free Press: Privacy commissioner not consulted on decision to scrap ‘intrusive’ census
- Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association and the BC Non Profit Housing Association: Statements
- Financial Post: Privacy commissioner sees few complaints about census form
- Royal Ontario Institute: Government Digs In Their Heels on 2011 Census Changes
- Globe and Mail Ottawa Report: Liberals want Tony Clement called on carpet in census feud
- The Mark: The Conservatives’ Census Fail There’s an easy way the opposition could expose Tony Clement and the Conservatives for lying about long-form census complaints.
- Macleans: The census coalition
- Canada.com: Liberal Marc Garneau calls census changes a ‘secret, manipulative’ move
- Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (MIRA) Letter: Cancellation of the Mandatory Long-Form Census Questionnaire
- Institute for Economic Affairs: The census only serves to perpetuate the illusion that central planning is possible
- Montreal Gazette: Coalition urges Tories to reverse census stand Long form provides vital information to society: groups
- Toronto Star: Siddiqui: PM facing revolt over census change
- Radio Canada: Trois plaintes en dix ans
- National Post: Census changes a ‘manipulative’ move: Liberal
- The Corch: Supporting Good Data
- Worthwhile Canadian Initiative: Tony Clement makes a statement – perhaps not the one he intended.
- Global News: Privacy commissioner sees few complaints about census form
- Le Devoir: Recensement: les raisons d’Ottawa taillées en piècesAucune question sur le nombre de salles de bain. Une seule plainte en 2001, deux en 2006.
Previous posts on the Census:
Pingback from datalibre.ca · Friday’s Census Media Round UP on July 16, 2010 at 9:41 am
Comments are now closed.